Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Love what you do....

 It is true! IF you truly love what you do...you are BLESSED! I began painting a few years ago. God's appointed time, not mine..HIS surprise and I must say, my surprise too!
I had often wondered what I would do once all my boys started school. For 10 years I had been "Mom" all day long, every day. I LOVED what I did! Yes. There were days of frustration, days of extreme fatigue and days of  wondering if I was doing it all "right."
I remember when my "baby" left for kindergarten. I stood in the middle of  my living room and looked around me. It was quite, there was no one calling my name or needing me. I felt like I had no purpose. "What in the world do you want me to do?"....I would ask God. I cried. For years I had
 poured myself into three little people and now they didn't need me anymore. Poor, pitiful me! What a lie of the enemy. He was digging my pit and I almost let him push me in. God reminded me quickly of Isaiah 43:19. "See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?" A new thing....perhaps. I don't think it was that new...it had just been tucked away in my heart for a long time. God just wasn't ready to reveal it to me. Funny how God gives you just what you need...JUST when you need it.
So....I went and bought a canvas. I remembered watching my Dad, he made it look ever so easy. I quickly learned I was NOT my Dad. He is a very detailed and realistic...I, on the other had was drawn to
 palette knife and loved the rustic edge. Over time...I developed "my style"...truth is I am still developing it. I don't think you ever stop as a... dare I say, "artist". So...welcome to my journey if you are new...and old friends thank you so much for your continued love and support.
Oh and I QUICKLY realized...my boys still need me! :)

In his GRACE,
                                                       Kristi



No comments:

Post a Comment