Friday, February 27, 2015

Paint Break...Stitch Fix

I finally did it. I had talked about it for a while and decided I would take the time to sit down, fill out the "application" and send it in. I scheduled my first "fix", Stitch Fix that is...and waited.
It really was very easy to do. I like the fact that you can choose what pieces to focus on. I typically like to try on my jeans, pants, etc. before purchasing. So for now, I am focusing only on tops, outerwear, skirts and accessories.
I recently turned 40...I still do not feel..40..but my Mom says I am "that" old, and I guess she would know.:) I may be "old " to some of you...but I still enjoy all the things I enjoyed when I was in my 20's. I look around...and as much as I enjoy fashion, I am somewhat disgusted as to what is accepted in our society.Too much of.. too short, too tight, and too low. LADIES...THERE IS A WAY TO BE BEAUTIFUL WITHOUT REVEALING ALL GOD GAVE US... I actually think we are more beautiful when we allow our life to reflect whats on the inside rather than all we have been "gifted" with on the outside. Modesty = Beautiful! "Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised. Prov. 31:30
I could go on and on...but I'll save it for another day.

So, I got my box. I ended up keeping one piece which is the top in the pics below. I have somewhat of a system when I shop. I buy basic/timeless pieces at pretty well known places. (LOFT, JCREW, Anthropolgie, etc.) because typically they hold up well and will last for a while. I buy more "trendier" pieces at a lower price range...often Target, Marshalls, etc because... well trendy means...passing, won't be here for long. While I am on the topic of "trendy"...just because it is "in" does not mean it will look good on each of us. I try to keep that front of mind when trends come and go..
  
My box consisted of a
~ black sweater...basic...I can get a cheaper one at Target that looks similar, so I sent it back.
~a maroon tunic top... I liked it but it was too basic for the price.. sent it back.
~a chevron ( cream and gray) cardigan. Very cute, but I did not like where it hit me. Sent it back.
~a pair of hoop gold earrings...nah...sent them back.
Great thing about it... if you do not like it, you have three days to send it back..free of charge.
BUT.. the top was a keeper. Not only can I wear it now, but I think I will be able to take it into Spring with some white skinny jeans...or maybe a fun colored pair.
Overall, I enjoyed my fix and look forward to the next one. I decided to only receive one, every two months.
That, Ladies was my first, "fix".....

Things I have learned...
Getting to know your stylist
This is very important! I am in the process of  creating a "Stitch Fix" board on Pinterest. Really cool idea and a great way for my stylist to see things I have pinned that I like. Over time, she will have a better understanding of my taste, my style and the vision for my wardrobe.
It is possible....Just because I am forty does not mean I need to wear turtlenecks ( even though I do like them) and frumpy clothing. I consider it a challenge..Join me on Fridays as I take a "paint break" and hopefully find some fun things to make us feel pretty!





No comments:

Post a Comment